Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Twist on Tomato Soup

Ok, so last Wednesday (10-27-10) the office ordered lunch, I had brought leftover tomato soup for lunch, but didn’t have anything to go with it. So, I ordered some cheese sticks. I never intended to dip them in my soup, and I certainly never planned on cutting them up and dropping them in my soup. Nevertheless, it happened…….and it was AMAZING! I cannot express how well the flavors mixed together. Tomato soup, the mild flavors of roasted peppers, ooey gooey mozzarella cheese in a parmesan bread crumb coating…WOW!
So, I had a thought about making this into an actual meal. Instead of buying cheese sticks however, what about mozzarella balls? Then you would have perfectly shaped cheesiness! Not to mention the cheese would stay contained in its “bread crumb cocoon” without disturbing the flavors of the actual soup itself. Sometimes an outrageous idea can sound really good, but at times it’s just too outrageous and it ends up making the meal less rather than more.
Obviously I am still pondering this idea, a week later and hopefully before this time next week, I will have tried it and posted pictures with and updated recipe. Hope is the keyword.
I said I was going to try and post something everyday, and I have already missed four days of posting and have only had the blog for a week. I am trying to do better!
In the meantime, if anyone has any helpful ideas or thoughts about this, feel free to post them here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment