Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Changing Direction

I am a coffee addict trying to change how I start my mornings! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always been the type that has trouble opening my eyes and uttering any even slightly intelligent conversation until after that first sip of caffeinated goodness has graced my lips.


Now, don't get me wrong I haven't really tired of this. I just feel like the older I get the less reliant I need to be on it (not that I am going to drink less of it). When I say less reliant I mean being able to handle doing other things before I have had it.
So, this morning I woke up at 7 a.m. I started the coffee pot, left it to work it's magic. I immediately opened all the curtains, started my eo diffuser with a wonderful blend of sweet orange, lemon and lime (great wake up juice), took a shower, and did a 6 minute wakeup morning workout (another topic I am going to talk about).
I have to say my morning has been great so far. I love the feeling of productiveness and being overall refreshed. Here's to a new routine and hoping that it sticks.



Agh yes! My "6 Minute Wakeup Workout". I didn't forget. Ok, so I have trouble dedicating an hour plus to one specific workout method. I have always been this way. Main reason that I like going to the gym is that there so many options and you can change up whenever you feel like it.
Since we moved, I haven't had access to a gym. So, I have been coming up with my own combos.
So, this morning I did a series of squats, crunches, pushups and planks. Later I will do my pilates routine, and typically later in the afternoon I do some weights and walk the dogs for about 30 minutes. Still not what I want it to be.
I have a workout machine picked out that I want to get. Gonna have to wait a little longer, but hoping I can get it before summer kicks in. I miss my hardcore cardio workouts that I used to do.
Ok, that's all for this wonderful day after Monday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment