Saturday, November 7, 2015

Baby Fever? Sorry Haven't Caught That Yet

Hey I don't have anything against kids. They are cute, they can be fun (when they actually properly raised) and I certainly appreciate that I was once a kid. However, never confuse the facts. You chose to have kids now, I did not.
I know what your thinking, "Oh boy, here comes another rant". But seriously. I have never been able to understand these women that choose to have kids so early, or choose to have a billion of them (ok not really but 4, 5, 6, and even those that choose to have a dozen) and then they complain about it and then..........wait for it..........they try to tell you how wonderful it is.......and then.......wait for it..........they try to guilt you for not having kids. I HATE that. Not because it gets to me a way that makes me feel guilty for not having kids. More like in a way that makes me pity them. Because they aren't happy with their choices.
I believe you shouldn't have kids till you are married (besides the fact that I believe this as a Christian, I also believe it is wrong to bring a child into a broken family intentionally). I also believe that if you know your limitations there is nothing wrong with acting on them. Like, "I want to wait, because I want to enjoy the first years of marriage" or "I really think I just want one or two, I know that's about all I can handle" or "I thought I wanted more, but after the first one I decided having more just wasn't for me". THANK YOU! You were honest, you were upfront, you didn't lie to trap other unsuspecting women.
I have so many girls that I grew up with, went to church with, etc. that mostly got married before me and I remember thinking how strange when within a few weeks of the honeymoon they would announce their first pregnancy or the fact that they would have their first baby before their first wedding anniversary. What happened to enjoying being married. Having adventures with your husband. Being spontaneous with your life before settling down.
I don't confuse marriage with settling down. I married my husband within 6 months of knowing him, because I knew he was the one and there was no sense in waiting any longer. But we both knew we didn't want kids immediately. In fact our 2 year plan has become a five year plan and I am sure will possibly extend past that. I am not afraid of having kids. I am not afraid of the changes it will bring to my life and my husbands. I am aware of what we want out of life and our marriage. I don't believe we are selfish for pursuing our goals or adventures before we start having kids, please note that I don't say "start a family". When we took our vows we started our family. Done.
I see girls that are straight our of high school, living with a deadbeat boyfriend and neither have much of a job to speak of and lo and behold suddenly they are announcing that they are expecting! What? Why? Why? Why would you do this? Have you no shame? Bringing a child into a world like that and people actually show joy and excitement for this! What about all of the hardships that child will know because of what they will be subjected to? Did you think about that when you were thinking about cute and cuddly the baby was gonna be? Good grief!
Ok, I realize I chased some bunnies there for a while. Back to the main topic.
If YOU choose to have babies. If YOU choose to start having kids

http://www.yourtango.com/2015250349/dear-moms-stop-complaining-you-chose-to-have-kids-remember

No comments:

Post a Comment